Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Passed the OCS Exam

I sat and passed the MCTS exam 070-638 Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Configuring today.

I have to say I was pretty disappointed.  The question were not at all hard as they were more along the lines of "What component do you need to deploy to achieve this" rather than actually testing to see if you know how to configure particular features. - which is more what I would of expected given the title. 

I had one question on phone  number normalisation rules and one that involved the required ports, but I'd have to say there was a lot left untested.

Hopefully MS evolve this exam to include more real world skills in the near future, but as it stands today it is not a realistic indicator that one actually has the skills to configure OCS.  Of course I hasten to add that I do have said skills, which is why I know they were not tested ;)

No comments: